Sunday, October 6, 2019

Community Service with the kids

Hi guys!! Happy Sunday. 

I wanted to share with you an amazing experience and event I was able to be a part off this past Saturday morning. So I was invited by Friends of the LA River (@folarorg) , @fordlatino and @fsbpublicaffairs to clean up the LA River. At first, I was hesitant to do something like this, it's different from the events I attend but I decided to join in and bring the family along. I brought my girls (I wasn't able to bring my son because he had a baseball game and my hubby had to work) but anyways, we woke up bright an early and drove to Long Beach. 



Once we got there, we checked in with the staff and they had a selection of donuts and coffee, we waited for everyone who had registered to gather up and we were given a safety and intro speech of what we should expect to see. 

Then, we walked down to the river bed, given our bags and gloves and were ready to start cleaning and do our part of the community. This was definitely a wakeup call, we picked up a lot of plastic, random house stuff like batteries, shoes, old bike tires, and my daughter even found a flip phone. At first she was like "what is this?" and then she realized it was a flip phone, crazy right. 


 This event was such a great deed, the kids learned from it and were able to see what one's trash can do to harm the planet. I explained to them, it's not okay to liter and do your part to keep the planet clean and safe. If you ever get a chance to do something like this, I recommend you do. It feels really good and just being able to help out the community in the smallest way possible. I mean the weather was warm and the sun was bright but that didn't stop us from doing a good deed for the community. We just lathered that SPF and we were ready. 

A perfect way to start off the weekend!!! 



Thank you, @folarorg, @fordlatino, @fsbpublicaffairs and Betty for the invite! 

Until next time ................... Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!!!!

Hi Guys!   How is everyone doing? I know I've been MIA for a while. Seriously, with so much going on I wasn't inspired to get on her...