Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Holiday Shades of Red

With the holidays around the corner, this means attending holiday work parties and several friends and family gatherings, and planning what to wear, deciding on your makeup look can be a struggle. For me, I'm always thinking of changing my makeup look to being holiday inspired and it's all about finding the perfect shade of red lipstick.  

I like to be bold with my lipstick and have learned what works for my olive skin tone. Depending on where you are going, you want to also make sure you are considering the formula of the lipstick. A lip stain works best because I don't have to reapply every minute but any formula will do, as long as you don't mind reapplying all the time. 


I went through my lipstick collection and gathered five of my top favorite shades of red. Some are blue undertone and some are an orange-red undertone. I have a variety of lip stains, a lipstick, and two glosses. 

Marc Jacobs Lip Creme in So Rouge 
This was given to me last year as a VIB Rouge Perk at Sephora

Nars Velvet Lip Glide in Le Palace 
(Lipgloss formula but semi-matte)

Fenti Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint in Uncensored
(Lip Stain super long-wearing and rich in pigment)
Colour Pop Cosmetics Ultra Satin Lip in First Class
(Super longlasting formula)
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick in Flambe
 (Liquid lipstick and high in pigment)
And remember this is what works for me. Good luck! 

Until next time........... Xoxo 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!!!!

Hi Guys!   How is everyone doing? I know I've been MIA for a while. Seriously, with so much going on I wasn't inspired to get on her...