Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Let's #glowtogether !

Hi Guys, 

Happy Wednesday!! 

So, today's post is a little bit more personal than normal. As you've seen, I normally show my OOTDs and talk about beauty products and what not but today, let's be real, I'm human and I've gone through some stuff growing up. Believe it or no, I've always been private about my life, and not a lot of people know about this but now that I have two daughters, I want to be a role model. I know if I speak up and talk about my issues growing up, they will be more comfortable talking to me about any issues and topics. 


Dress: Shein

So let's get started, when I was younger, I was bullied. I was in 4th grade and we had several girls in my school bully me. Back then, I didn't know what that was. They would call me names, would want to fight me, or just ridiculed me. I always questioned and asked myself why? Till this day, I don't know why they did it but they were really mean to me. I hated it so much but never mentioned it to my parents. I was scared and afraid to speak up. I kept it to myself and have always been quiet about this topic. But now that I have two beautiful daughters, I want them to know that they can trust me and can talk to me if they are ever going through any issues like this at school and teaching my kids that this behavior is not acceptable. 

So when I was asked to be part of this #glowtogether campaign, I knew I had to be a part of this. My friend reached out and said she was starting a movement and if I wanted to be part of it, and guess what I joined. This is basically where we leave all the negativity behind and encourage one another. We are all beautiful and can succeed all at once. When women empower each other, more great good comes out of it. As you know, social media can be vicious but with this movement, we can make a change. 

Thank you for letting me share my story and for glowing together. If you want to be a part of this movement, please check out her site here.  

(Photo Credit: @_studiosalty)
#glowtogether

Special thanks to Crystal, for letting me be part of this and believing in me! 

Until next time................. Xoxo 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!!!!

Hi Guys!   How is everyone doing? I know I've been MIA for a while. Seriously, with so much going on I wasn't inspired to get on her...