Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Dine LBC: Second Stop, Great Society

As restaurant week continues and as promised I'm sharing with you guys our next stop from our Sunday's adventure. We were sent to Great Society.  I knew, coming in, I was going to love this place and I sure did. It had an old rustic feel to it with a pub vibe and I was digging it. 


We were greeted and sat at a nice table outdoors. Our server went over the difference of ciders and meads and mind you, I am so glad because I had no idea. She asked us to make our selections on what ciders and meads we wanted to try, but we just said "surprise us" and they sure did. 

Below are the selections of ciders and meads we sampled. 

From left to right: 

  1. Lost Cause Mead Buck it All 11.5% ABV from San Diego (Buckwheat blossom mead, semi-sweet)
  2. Newtopia Cyder Wyld 6.5% ABV from San Diego (Tart, semi-dry blackberry cider) 
  3. Shacksbury Old World Cider 6.5% ABV Shoreham, VT (semi-dry, mildly acidic, refreshing cider)
  4. Golden State Cider Gingergrass 6.4% ABV Sebastopol, CA ( semi-dry, ginger lemongrass) 

My favorite one was #26  - Shacksbury Old World Cider 

We were also asked to make our food choices. We went for the Mac and Cheese and a side of Brussels sprouts. By far, this has been the best mac and cheese I have ever had. It was cooked to perfection and it melted right off the plate.  

BAKED CHEDDAR MAC & CHEESE - macaroni baked with 3 kinds of cheeses 


CRISPY PONZU BRUSSELS SPROUTS - tossed in a ponzu brown sugar glaze 


You guys, have to try their mac and cheese, seriously!!! Make sure you continue to check in during the rest of the week to show you guys my last and final stop of #dinelbc restuarant week! 


Until next time............ Xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!!!!

Hi Guys!   How is everyone doing? I know I've been MIA for a while. Seriously, with so much going on I wasn't inspired to get on her...