Thursday, January 12, 2017

Dupe Vs. Splurge Makeup Sponge Edition



So we all know when it comes to beauty products, we can definitely spend more than what we need but there's also barging shopping. Now, the beauty industry is way different from what it was 5 years ago. A lot of companies are coming out with good affordable products. 

In this case, I will be giving you a review on two makeup sponges. We all know THE BEAUTY BLENDER. I came across this product a while ago and I was hesitant to use it because it was a sponge and I didn't think the application was going to look so smooth. I finally gave it a try and wow, I was amazed at how good my foundation looked. It looked nice, airbrushed and dewy. This has now replaced all my foundation brushes and I switch it out for a new one every 3 months. 

The next product will be a similar product but from another brand, what we call a dupe. It's the Sephora Collection Airbrush Sponge. I was introduced to this sponge by one of my coworkers. She started using and raving about how good it was and I decided to give it a try. I was actually surprised, the sponge gave me the same results as the beauty blender. It left my skin looking a little bit more dewy and airbrushed. I think the shape has a lot more to do with it but I was happy with the results. 





Retail Price $20 
Shape: Egg Shape 
How to use: Use damp 
High definition make-up sponge, non-latex foam 





Retail Price $12
Shape: Flat bottom and slanted top 
How to use: Use damp 
Made out of latex-free material 

To recap, I would definitely recommend both products. If you are on a budget, try out the Sephora Collection sponge, if you want to splurge and give the beauty blender a try, go ahead. Both will do the job and I'm sure you won't regret your decision. 




Until next time.............................. Xoxo 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back!!!!

Hi Guys!   How is everyone doing? I know I've been MIA for a while. Seriously, with so much going on I wasn't inspired to get on her...